We are open as normal however some of our services may be effected
During what it a testing time for many businesses we may find some of our usual services are disrupted during this worldwide epidemic and recent updates from the UK Government. As we currently import from several destination's worldwide we are expecting that some services will be effected.
How will this effect me?
Orders placed after 1st December which are "made to order items"may be delayed longer than usual. As of 21st December we was notified by our courier's to expect some service disruption with us receiving our imports and our exports. We will of course try our best to get your order to you as soon as possible but please be aware you may see longer delays than normal.
Will my delivery be effected?
Updated From The Royal Mail Website - Monday 21 December
Deliveries and collections should take place across most of the UK today. There are some further changes to our Special Delivery service following the Government announcement on Saturday, please see our Special Delivery section below for details.
Royal Mail is working hard to deliver the most comprehensive and high quality service we can to all our customers, large and small. The combination of greatly increased uptake of online Christmas shopping, in no small part driven by the recent lockdown, and the ongoing COVID restrictions mean that all delivery companies are experiencing exceptionally high volumes this year.
Every single parcel, letter and card is important to us. Despite our best efforts and significant investment in extra resource, some customers may experience slightly longer delivery timescales than our usual service standards. This is due to the exceptionally high volumes we are seeing, exacerbated by the coronavirus-related measures we have put in place in local mail centres and delivery offices. In such cases, we always work hard to get back to providing our usual level of service as quickly as we can. Thank you for your patience and understanding
Due to resourcing issues, deliveries in the following areas are likely to be limited. If you need to collect an item for which we've left a 'Something for you' card from the Customer Service Points at one of these offices, please check royalmail.com/services-near-you for details of our revised opening hours. If we’ve not left a ‘Something for you card’, and you do not have alternative arrangements in place, we’re sorry that your mail will not be available for collection.
- Alford (LN11 and LN13)
- Ashington (NE22, NE62-NE64)
- Barnes (SW13)
- Great Yeldham (CO9 4)
- South Ockendon (RM15)
- Tooting (SW17)
In light of the changing coronavirus restrictions announced on Saturday 19 December 2020, we have made the difficult decision to make the following changes to our timed guarantees for our Special Delivery by 9am and 1pm services:
- For Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9.00am and Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1.00pm items posted on Wednesday 23rd December we are suspending our delivery guarantee.
- While we cannot currently provide a guarantee that items posted on Wednesday 23rd December will arrive prior to Christmas due to the impact of the new coronavirus restrictions, we can assure you that we will be endeavouring to deliver all items as quickly as possible. We know how important this is.
- Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9.00am and Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1.00pm items posted up to and including Tuesday 22nd December remain unchanged.
Find out more at www.royalmail.com/coronavirus
For information on other changes including our timed guarantees for Special Delivery Guaranteed, please visit royalmail.com/specialdelivery.
Europe & Rest Of The Wolrd
Updated From The Royal Mail Website:Last updated: Monday 21 December 2020
We keep this information as up-to-date as possible, with information supplied to Royal Mail by the various foreign national postal authorities.
International delivery update – Temporary suspension of some international services due to Coronavirus transport impacts
- This is a fast-moving situation and we are monitoring things on an hourly basis. We are working to keep as many international mail services running as possible given the current restrictions around air, road, ferry and train movements from the UK.
- Royal Mail has temporarily suspended all mail services to Europe, with the exception of the Republic of Ireland.
- To view the full list please see here International Incident Bulletin
- We are keeping the situation under close and constant review.
- Customers should check the Royal Mail website for regular updates. ( link here https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5317/related/1)
Items that are already in the system will be processed as normal and made ready for dispatch. These items will be held securely until we are able to get them to their relevant destinations.
We're closely monitoring the situation and are ready to open our services as soon as we are able to once the restrictions have been lifted. We continue to explore all options.
We're additionally experiencing delays to Canada and Turkey as air capacity is severely limited.
We're working with our airline and postal/courier partners across the globe to maintain services, however delays should be expected. Many countries have implemented special measure to combat the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, especially for signature service to maintain social distancing. The number of countries we can access is changing daily.. To view this list please see here International Incident Bulletin
If your country is currently on the 'suspension list please be aware you will see much longer delays than normal to receive your items
Is customer service's contactable?
We remain open as usual to take telephone calls, email's and answer any questions you may have.
Have you extended your returns policy?
As of 31st March 2020 we have will extend our return policy to allow customers upto 30 days to return from date of receipt. Please follow our usual process of completing our returns form - Returns
We send our love to all of you and with - evolving daily we will do our best to keep you updated but for now we wish all to be safe and well during these unprecedented times.